- AWAOA meetings are held weekly led by a facilitator or other AWAOA appointed representatives.
- Weekly meetings last no longer than 2 hours. Members need to arrive on time to receive the maximum benefit out of each meeting.
- Attendance is critical to the group. It is encouraged the member meet often in order to sustain the atmosphere and camaraderie.
- Members can invite visitors to the meeting with the understanding a visitor can attend a weekly meeting only twice.
- With member surveys sent out randomly, it is the responsibility of the member to file a concern with the National Headquarters by emailing email@example.com.
- All AWAOA members are to conduct themselves in a proper and professional manner at all AWAOA meetings and events.
- Membership may be revoked for failure to comply with the policies and code of conducts of AWAOA. The Facilitators, along with the National Headquarters fulfill that responsibility. AWAOA reserves the right to discontinue participation and membership.
- Other than normal printed material, members may not use the AWAOA Intellectual Property (e.g. logos, trademarks, names, slogans, copyrighted materials, etc.) to manufacture, distribute, sell, market or promote any product or service, or otherwise use the AWAOA Intellectual Property without obtaining the prior written consent of the AWAOA National Headquarters.
- Policies are subject to change. Members will be notified and changes will be available on the AWAOA website.
Code of Conduct
As an AWAOA Member:
1. I will do my individual part growing in my writing craft.
2. I will be supportive of other AWAOA members in their writing journey.
3. I know that on-going training is a key to success in writing, therefore I agree to participate in AWAOA conferences, workshops and education which will benefit my writing journey.